Thursday, February 12, 2015




The Box Tops - The Letter

Written by Wayne Carson Thompson and made famous by
The Box Tops in 1967 on the album of the same name.


LYRICS

Gimmie a ticket for an aeroplane
Ain't got time to take a fast train
Lonely days are gone, I'm a goin' home
My baby just wrote me a letter

I don't get care how much money I gotta spend
Got to get back to my baby again
Lonely days are gone, I'm a goin' home
My baby just wrote me a letter

Well, she wrote me a letter said she couldn't live without me no mo'
Listen Mister, can't you see I got to get back to my baby once mo'
Anyway, yeah

My baby just wrote me a letter
My baby just wrote me a letter

3 comments:

another country said...

Juste parce que je craque sur cette chanson (et cette orchestration) depuis toujours et que je peux l'écouter en boucle pendant des heures. Alors je partage. :)

JiEL said...

Merci pour ce souvenir d'une autre époque...

another country said...

Une madeleine de Proust...