Saturday, January 16, 2016


Cucumber

Screenshot from "Cucumber." Henry and Freddie (standing) exchange more than glances.
Screenshot from Cucumber"This face is mine. It's copyright to me. It's not to be used for
masturbation without my 
express permission, which you do not have, Mr. Best. Literally.
Do not wank using me!" - 
Freddie (standing) to a befuddled and lustful Henry Best.

Currently watching The Cucumber, Tofu, and Banana Trilogy... Modern gay life in Manchester, UK.
Cucumber is a 2015 British television series created by Russell T Davies. The series focuses on middle-aged Henry Best (Vincent Franklin), following a disastrous threesome with his boyfriend of nine years, Lance (Cyril Nri), and some young guy picked up in a gay bar. Henry's old life shatters, and he embarks on a new life with unfamiliar rules...

Russell T Davies is a Welsh television producer and screenwriter whose works include Queer as Folk, Bob & Rose, The Second Coming, Casanova, and the trilogy Cucumber, Tofu, and Banana. (More here and here






Banana

Banana - Frank meets Aiden (left). Day One.
Banana - Frank (left), a physically unattractive farmer, meets Aiden (right),
a happy, handsome Welsh lad who's moved to Manchester. Day One.

"I don't want a boyfriend! It's Day 1, no offence. I've always liked this bit. When you meet someone, share a spark, wonder if you have a chance. Yeah but Day 1’s a trick of the light. By Day 10 we're in bed and I'm wishing you were someone else. Day 11 I'm pretending to listen to you whilst eyeing up a guy behind you. I'm not gonna do anything with him, I just need to know that if I wanted to I could. Day 20's the text messages whilst you're sleeping next to me, strangers, old shags, your boss. By 30 it's cock shots, phone wank, video links. Day 40 I'm kissing in the club toilet whilst you're buying the drinks. Day 50 sex with some random, some ex, someone whoever. Straight, gay, I won't care, we will have sex. Day 60, 61, 62 you find out, you cry. Tell yourself something like "Oh it's a one off" or "I'm worth it". Day 70’s the last bit, when I meet someone new and I have a Day 1 with them, like this. And they make me feel like you are.”
— Aiden, explaining to Frank why they cannot be a couple.

Aiden (standing) and Frank
Aiden (standing) and Frank


Freddie (left) and Aiden (right) - The Cucumber, Banana, Tofu Trilogy
Freddie (left) and Aiden (right) - The Cucumber, Banana, Tofu Trilogy

Banana is a 2015 British television series created by Russell T Davies. The sister series are Cucumber and the documentary series Tofu. Banana is a series focusing on LGBT youth in Manchester, on the vicinity of the Cucumber narrative. Unlike Cucumber, which is a self-contained serial following the story of one gay man, Banana is an anthology series focusing on the wider LGBT spectrum.
Banana develops some of the storylines of characters featured in Cucumber as well as introducing many new characters. Banana is primarily a self-contained series, occasional overlapping with the Cucumber narrative.

6 comments:

joseph said...

il ne sont donc pas des étrangers dans la nuit ...

JiEL said...

Malheureusement non disponible en DVD pour la région 1.

Seulement pour vous en Europe, région 2.

ZUT !

another country said...

Je viens de t'envoyer un email à ce sujet.

Je viens juste de finir de visionner la série : binge watching jusqu'à 7 heures du matin. Impossible d'aller me coucher avant d'avoir tout vu. Un pur bonheur, un vrai régal -- par le créateur de QAF UK.

JiEL said...

Merci du partage Bro....

Je savourerai le tout à ta santé..

another country said...

Be my guest! :)

Silvano said...

Excellent !