Sunday, July 23, 2017


L.A. Artist Makes Tiny,
Intricate Treehouses for Houseplants

Los Angeles–based artist Jedediah Corwyn Voltz is a prop-maker for TV and film by day who has a charming side business making tiny treehouses for potted bonsai trees, cacti, and succulents.
“Building miniatures for stop motion always leaves me with a huge bin of scrap balsa, basswood, various fabrics, etc. and I found myself making little fantasy constructions out of that stuff during my downtime,” Voltz told me in an email. “Those little scrap forts led to me building some more serious ones in little diorama settings, and last year I built my first living treehouse.”
Since then, he’s made nearly 25 miniature structures, from “tiny watchtowers in secluded forests, to quiet treetop meditation platforms, to giant bustling windmills and waterwheels,” he said. “I try to build structures that complement the plant they're living in, and grow with them.”
Source: Slate, Kristin Hohenadel, July 22, 2017. Read more...











2 comments:

joseph said...

art magnifique! dans le genre je fais pareil avec des racines et des tailles d'arbres et d'arbustes...mais quant à savoir si c'est de l'art?

Esta Noche said...

Il fallait y penser. J'avoue que je suis séduit, moi qui mets dans mes plantes les sujets et les décorations provenant des mes bûches de Noël...